Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Into the Wild"





My friend and I went to Anchorage for my apartment hunting over the weekend. But since we planned to stay there for 4 days, we decided to explore the mysterious town a little bit. So, we went to Seward, a small town south of Anchorage, and Eklukna Lake, a popular trail a little east of Anchorage. We were amazed by how beautiful the scenery was! In Anchorage, a 45-minute drive can bring you into the wild; you can see mountains and clear water, forests and glaciers. My friend and I enjoyed the adventure, although we were sad that we didn't run into any bears or moose. We were so well-equipped with bear spray and bear bells! And the lady at a visitor information center in Seward said that we could see at least 4 bears just by driving along the Resurrection River! Oh well, next time. I took only a 4 pictures because, first, I didn't have my digital camera with me; second, I was too busy controlling lame mountain bike; and my butt was hurting me the whole time we were riding along the rugged trails. So, enjoy these 4 pictures for now.

But I have to say I was a little disappointed by the downtown. There was no Macy, everything closed at 10pm, and the downtown was only the size of Issaquah downtown. While my friend and I were walking around, I suddenly realized that every time I moved, I moved to a smaller city and more and more up north. I am excited to find out what lies ahead of me.

No comments: